CANTIN CHEVROLET HISTORY
Cantin Chevrolet has been a part of Laconia since March of 1929. The following is a brief overview of some key dates and milestones in relation to Cantin Chevrolet Co., Willie Cantin Chevrolet, and Cantin Chevrolet Inc.
In 1929, E.J. Clyde Cantin founded Cantin Chevrolet Co. at 536 Main St. in Laconia. When Cantin Chevrolet was established, it was in a market place that had many brands no longer in business today. Nash, Rambler, Hudson, Studebaker, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Plymouth, etc., etc.
The automobile landscape has been in a continuous process of change. Through all the change, Cantin Chevrolet has prospered, including incredibly challenging world issues such as The Great Depression which started in the same year the dealership was founded.
Let's not forget how difficult business was during World War Two, The Korean Conflict, The Vietnam War, etc. Challenges we as a nation and as a company have been able to work through.